Amir Kaltgrad is an associate in Liner’s Litigation Group. He provides comprehensive representation in complex business litigation through all phases of the trial process, representing businesses and individuals in shareholder and partnership disputes, professional malpractice, complex business torts, and contract disputes. Amir’s practice also includes defending individuals and corporations in a broad range of criminal and regulatory matters including securities, bank, tax, and health care fraud. Amir has valuable trial experience in federal and state court in cases of first impression, including the representation of clients in high-stakes litigation and criminal defense.
University of Southern California Law School (J.D., Fellowship Recipient)
University of California Los Angeles (B.S., cum laude, College honors, departmental honors)
- Southern California Super Lawyers – Rising Stars (2015-2017)
- Participated and fundraised for Run/Walk for “Breakthrough for Brain Tumors”
- Public Counsel Advocate of Year team member (2008)
- State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Represented the former CEO of a failed bank's construction loan division through discovery and a month-long federal trial against the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) for claims of negligent loan origination.
- Represented a defendant in a health-care fraud criminal case, obtaining pretrial dismissal of 44 counts of criminal charges.
- Obtained a guilty verdict in a contempt trial against a property owner violating a permanent injunction.
- Obtained favorable settlements for individuals suing law firms for professional negligence.
- Obtained civil resolution with all criminal charges dismissed for a Southern California oil pipeline company criminally charged in an environmental matter.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in connection with an investigation by the California Department of Labor. The client had no action taken against it.
- Prepared 19 former employees of a nationwide mortgage originator, including many high-ranking executives, for deposition and trial as third-party witnesses in a civil fraud case brought by the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York against the successor bank.
- Obtained a favorable settlement of a business dispute between entertainment industry business owners involved in a partnership dispute.
- Member of a litigation team honored by Public Counsel as the 2008 Consumer Law Project "Advocate of the Year" for pro bono work provided on behalf of an indigent victim of real estate fraud, regaining title to the victim's property along with a significant monetary settlement.